You need your LinkedIn profile to be without a doubt professional and definitely eye-catching! Having a LinkedIn profile is an excellent idea to be sure that you’re found by the right people and companies as well.
Now, in order to accomplish this there are certain steps that you must complete. They include the following:
1. Start with a professional photo because this is like a first impression, so it’s very important. It is the first, visible section on your profile.
2. Make your headline stand out by being creative and not just by using your current work title. You want to make sure that you appear in the search engine results.
3. Fill out the summary section with your greatest achievements. Perhaps you expanded your business, have a specific project that you managed, or even a position that you are elected for the following year!
4. Keep your work history relevant. Basically the last 10 years, no more than that…just think of it as your online resume.
5. Ask for recommendations from your connections because they will speak for themselves. They truly are your testimonies!
In addition to these larger steps, there are a few smaller steps that will get you distinguish from others in your field. Start by making a daily post and sharing articles relevant to your career. Also, be sure to keep your skills and education up-to-date,especially if you are job hunting for a permanent or freelance position.
Now, if you follow these simple, but effective steps you will most certainly get noticed! However, if you do not have the time to create and edit your LinkedIn profile, then please feel free to contact us right HERE for some extra assistance. We’re happy to help you build up your profile. In the meantime, please like us on FACEBOOK, then go and follow us on TWITTER.