Many business owners build a website and adopt the “set it and forget it” mentality. The website becomes nothing more than a digital brochure that advertises your products and services. it’s quickly forgotten and begins to gather (digital) dust, and failing to show up in search engine results.
Here are some signs your website may need to be brought out of digital mothballs and updated:
* The design is dated– If your site was created with html and contains numerous “blinkies” or those flashing graphics popular in the early 2000s, it’s time for a design overhaul or a website rebuild. A more recent design tells customers that someone is clearly minding the shop, and the information contained in the site is current. While you don’t have to jump on every website design trend, it is important for your site to look current.
* Your target market has changed – Your site and other marketing assets should speak to your target market. If your niche is now women solopreneurs but your website was built to speak to your previous target audience of retired educators, it’s time for a refresh.
* The content lacks focus – While this doesn’t require a complete re-design from the ground up, your content needs to speak to your target audience clearly and concisely, and be focused on their unique pain points.
* Tired technology – Is your newsletter, shopping cart, blogging or content management system outdated? If it’s been a few years since you’ve updated these pieces, it’s time to update them.
* Your search engine results are lacking– Obsolete technology won’t help your site rank high with today’s search engine technology. A fresh website will help your search engine results. Customers are more likely to visit the site often to get the latest information on your products and services.
* Your site isn’t mobile friendly– More people are accessing website content and other digital assets right from their mobile device. If your website isn’t mobile friendly, you could be missing out on some key customers.
* Your website isn’t interactive enough – A new website that has interactivity is expected today. Social share buttons, active comment fields on blogs, and share features make your site dynamic and interactive. An interactive site is vital in today’s fast-paced business climate.
* You want to ramp up your design – You want a site that is fast, responsive, mobile friendly, user friendly, and engages your ideal client or customer. There’s no better time than the present for a website makeover.
We’ve got website whizzes on staff that will either refresh your tired site or build a new one altogether. Contact us HERE to get started. Don’t forget to connect with us on FACEBOOK and TWITTER.