Outside the photos you take of your product, the next most important aspect of displaying your product effectively in your online store is to create irresistible product descriptions.
Without the right product description your target audience might not even find your online store, much less your product.
As you write your product descriptions, seek to answer the following questions:
1. Why is your item the one to buy? What makes it amazing and why would your target audience want to/need to purchase it?
2. What makes your item so unique? Write down something really special about your product. Perhaps you were inspired by your father’s collection of old-time watch to paint a version of a clock that takes your breath away.
3. What is your item’s biggest selling point? If you can’t name the one big thing that makes your item worth every penny you’re asking, you may need to try creating different products. It should be obvious what makes this item the most in demand.
4. Why are you so proud of this item? Post items you’re most pleased of and tell your customer why you are. For example, “I wasn’t quite sure how to get the brush strokes just right, so I practiced for six weeks before I got it just right.”
5. What are the top three to five benefits of this product for your customer? Even when it comes to crafts, art, vintage and collectibles, it’s all about the customer. Not you. Explain the benefits of your product from their perspective.
6. What are the descriptors that are necessary to address for this item? Is it 12′ x 16′, the same size as a beach towel? what color is it; what are the things you can describe about the product?
7. What will shock and awe your audience about this product? Is there a little unknown fact about the topic, subject, or inspiration behind making this item? Tell us.
8. What is this item good for ______? Fill in the blank. It could be a holiday such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day and so forth. Giving your customers gift ideas is a great way to increase sales.
Simply answer the questions without thought to anything but the answer. Don’t overthink it. Then, refine the answers using important keywords that your target audience would use when searching the internet for items that interest them. Do not use false keywords; use keywords that truly describe your product.
Now, add in the benefits, descriptors about the height, weight, colors and any other features that are important to capture your audience’s attention. Within this description you might also want to include something about the item that will surprise your potential customers. For instance, are you offering free shipping, do you provide gift wrapping and gift cards, or do you personalize the product in some way? Surprise them!
Mention other items your audience member might want to see within your store front. You should also always link to publications you’ve been in. Name dropping is a good thing; it adds credibility if it’s true. And if you’ve been talked about or written about, you want to let your audience know. It builds trust and confidence. Speaking of trust – you want to also add testimonials to your listing to further the proof that your products are of high quality and made with special love and care.
Let’s get started ! For more information, contact us HERE and connect with us on FACEBOOK and TWITTER. Do you like this content ? If so sign up for more.