Do you know how important a mission statement is for your company? Well, it is extremely important to spread your message. If it is not executed well, then no one will know what you stand for…
There are key elements of a mission statement to ponder about and they include…
- Value: What is the value of the business to both customers and employees?
- Inspiration: Why should people want to work for the company?
- Plausibility: Make it sound reasonable
- Specificity: Tie it back to the business
Now, there are many schools of thought on how to go about creating the perfect mission statement, but there are some clear do’s and don’t’s to consider when putting pen to paper, so to speak…
- Do keep it short and concise. Sum up the company’s mission in just a few sentences.
- Don’t write an essay. That is not the purpose of this brand-building tool. You want the mission statement to be tethered to the brand and that means it must be memorable.
- Do think long-term. The mission statement is an investment in your company’s future, so keep it open to reflect long-term goals.
- Do find out what your employees think of the mission statement. This is a tool designed with them in mind, so get their opinion.
- Don’t be afraid to change it. Things change in the business world. If the mission statement no longer represents the company, it is time for a rewrite.
So, now that you understand the importance of this statement will you need assistance in developing one? If yes, then please feel free to contact us by clicking right HERE. We have experienced writers that can create one or help you edit one. In the meantime, please feel free to like us on FACEBOOK, then go and follow us on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM as well.